Saturday, July 4, 2015

Drained

It's that time of the year. Summer is here and with it, exhaustion. I still have a couple of deadlines to meet on July, and my brain feels dead. Actually, that isn't accurate. My brain is quite alive, as it proved itself during the learning marathon of the past two days. It's just tired of deadlines. It wants to do something else.

I will be taking holidays very soon. Not holidays as in go get lost in the woods for some days. (I'd love that, but currently it's just not possible.) Holidays in the sense of now I'm going to do other things I want to: writing, scripting, modelling... for the sake of it. I will also be available for customer service, both for Dutchie and for my own store, so don't worry about lack of service during summer. I'll be around.

In fact, I'm so excited about holidays, that I don't think I'll have the time to do all I want to do during them. I'm afraid I'm going to blankly stare at things more than I should do. September will be back in... well, in September (Captain Obvious for the win), and then I'll see how I work my deadlines schedule so I don't reach the brain dead state by April or May, like it happened this year.

So you have an idea of how brain dead I'm feeling, I will just say this: My next deadline is for Genre, the theme being The Underworld... And I'm still struggling to think of something to do for it. I don't even have a plan B. (I always decide first on a plan B, and then I decide on what I want to do.)

I had a similar problem with A Tattered Page this time (and I love reading!) Fortunately, this quote from this round's book, Good Omens, gave me a couple of ideas that I was keeping as plan B if nothing else came to my mind while reading:

"It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people."

This time, for a change, I'm killing nobody in my pose sets (Human Beings #1 and #2. They will be available on the 7th.)

I couldn't help laughing at how true is that the problems of humankind are caused by people being fundamentally people. It reminded me a lot of something very similar that the Spanish writer Enrique Jardiel Poncela said once, that the worst of humankind are men and women. (Short reference about the writer for people that doesn't know Spanish.)

The first thing that came to my mind after reading that quote, which I represented leaving little room to interpretation, is spreading rumors and misinformation. It's difficult measuring the harm that this provokes because we don't have data about how many people do harmful things as a result of having heard a rumor, or having been misinformed, but I'm going to say that this harm is an actual issue on a global scale. Perhaps I'll explain why at another time.


The second is more subtle. I'm showing one girl making the other one to trip (and fall), but I don't mean this physically. I mean this in the very human sense of being an obstacle against someone else's progress, for reasons that may vary from plain envy to bigotry.


Who needs an Antichrist for the end of the world, when we alone are so good at it, yes?

I'm leaving this here and go think on what to do for The Underworld. Everybody have a great day!

PHOTO CREDITS - Auryn Beorn


Mesh body: Lara, from Maitreya
Mesh hands: Lara's hands, from Maitreya
Mesh feet: Lara's feet, from Maitreya

Skin: Lulu 02 C, Jamaica, from Glam Affair
Hair: Casilda, Reds (Set #2), from Tukinowaguma

Romper: Spice Rompers, Milk, from Zenith
Sandals: My flower sandal, Ivory, from Monso

Pose: Human Beings #1 and Human Beings #2 (mirror), Black Tulip (mine), coming July 7th for A Tattered Page (Good Omens)
Facial expression in the first photo: Surprise

PHOTO CREDITS - Auryn Resident (alt)


Mesh hands: Coco Doll, Hands (1), from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh ears: Coco Doll, Ears (Human), from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh head: Coco Doll, Head 002AF, from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh eyes: Coco Doll, Eyes 002 (Blue), from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh teeth: Coco Doll, Teeth 002, from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)

Hair: Pop Scotch, Dark Reds, from AD (Analog Dog)
Dress (and mesh body included): Doll Slip Dress, Black, from Coco (Cororo Lemon)

Pose: Human Beings #1 and Human Beings #2 (mirror), Black Tulip (mine), coming July 7th for A Tattered Page (Good Omens)

PHOTO CREDITS - Landscape and Windlight


Several sets from Studio Skye
Cemetery De Morte, from Pandemonium

Windlight: Tron Legacy clean

No comments:

Post a Comment