Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Holidays and plans

I did it! Despite the whole feeling burned out, I managed to get something done for The Underworld, and now the true holidays begin. Like I said then, if you have any kind of customer requests, whether this is for Dutchie or for my own store, don't worry: I'm available for customer service the whole summer.

Right now, I'm going through the all too well known and what in Earth could I do now feeling that makes you stare at the screen without ideas coming. That's just one normal stage of the process of being burned out: When your mind begs you to stop, and achieves so by blocking all thoughts (Or at least, thoughts related to what you still want to do more, but really have to stop.)


I have plans, though. I outlined them before I was seriously burned out, to help me through this stage. About the plans that concern writing in here, I can say that in a couple of days I'll start publishing a new series of posts SL-related. What about, I will say then, but I can mention in advance that the series of seven chapters that I wrote for Fusion Magazine, Keep your inventory under control!, will be helpful at the beginning. If you've never sorted your inventory, or feel a little lost about how you can go about it, you can check what I wrote, here:


Sorting inventory must be one of the most boring and tedious tasks in SL, but we need to keep this straight and try to be serious about it. I always sort after a shopping trip, and then because of the amount of notecards and things related to events, including of course all the assets I create and upload, I try making quarterly clean-ups. (Actually, I'm a little weird and I like sorting my inventory, but I know that this is not the expected feeling in the average SL user.)

I'm also considering about writing a short introduction to programming, in general lines, for those that want to learn to script in SL, or in other languages. I've been wanting to bring this tutorial back from oblivion since I killed it about a decade ago, and just a couple of weeks ago, when I learned my first bits of Python for Blender, I felt I wanted to do it (it will be in English, of course, not in Spanish). I'll write the long why I consider that this is necessary in the introduction, so I will spare you from that pain now. And of course, I will continue with my usual rambling, like I'm doing right now.

Participating in events can be too draining, particularly when you still don't have the same skills that other merchants have, and you need to learn and practice more while at the same time you have to be in time for the deadlines you've committed to. I feel I will give a deep thought about what I'm doing in events and if all of them are worth the hassle.

So, here I am, in the first stage of resting my mind.


What do you do when you're burned out, to be back on track? I'm curious about: feel free to share!

Have a great day :-)

PHOTO CREDITS

Mesh hands: Coco Doll, Hands (1), from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh ears: Coco Doll, Ears (Human), from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh head: Coco Doll, Head 002A (Closed Eyes), from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)
Mesh body: Coco Doll, Upper part is Bandage&Cut, lower part is Bandage, from Coco (Cocoro Lemon)

Hair: Full of Grace, Reds, from Exile
Scissor hands: Scissor hands, female, from Remarkable Oblivion

Pose #1: Death at sea #4 (mirror), Black Tulip (mine)
Pose #2: Death at sea #5 (mirror), Black Tulip (mine)

WL Water: Pond
WL Sky: [TOR] NIGHT - Under a yellow moon

No comments:

Post a Comment