Monday, May 25, 2015

Self-restraint

I wrote something with the intention of having it published the last day of the last year. It was scheduled, and in the last minute, I pulled it away. If you've been reading me for some time, you may think that I don't know what self restraint is, because it seems like if I say things right as they pop in my mind. But the truth is that I practice self-restraint more often than I'd like. You cannot know, because if I decide not to hit Publish, Blogger will not tell you this person decided not to publish. Blogger only shows what I decide to publish, keeping the rest of posts as Drafts, drafts whose existence I'm the only one that knows about.

I give those posts some time. I read them again, and then I decide. Some more time? Rewriting? Deleting?

This self-restraint can be a good thing at times. It's better not to say things you may regret, or maybe give yourself time to go through whatever you're going through that made you write something perhaps too harsh at that point.


The irony is that the more I continue writing and explaining about the reasons why bringing now pieces of a draft post that I wrote at the end of 2014, the more I don't like what I'm writing and so I am... Refraining myself from typing more.


Why bringing draft posts now? Simply because I'm preparing to write a long series of posts that I hope will be useful for people in SL, I had started to create a pile of drafts, and I thought that before continuing, I should clean up all the other drafts I had pending to review. Re-reading the ones that are still left, I thought I could use this one for some reflection material. Since I tend to reflect in loud typing, I started typing, then I changed my mind, then I tried to rewrite, then I took more pics than the one I had in the 2014 draft and wrote credits for all of them, written some more, then I thought meh I don't like this...


This is me, looking at the mess I've just done

So here I am, leaving you with a strange mess that I don't want to delete, because it makes a point about self-restraint... Maybe because I should have restrained myself about this.

The irony isn't lost in me. facepalms at self

Have a great day :-)

PHOTO CREDITS


PHOTO 1


Mesh body: Venus, from Belleza
Mesh hands: Slink's hands, Relaxed, from Slink
Nail polish: Simplicity Dark, Crimson, from Black Tulip (mine) for Slink hands (not the updated ones)

Skin: Lulu 02 C, Jamaica, from Glam Affair
Freckles: Cassiopea Cosmetics, A (tn), from Glam Affair
Hair: Pop Scotch, Dark Reds, from Analog Dog
Eyelids: Mesh eyelids, from Slink

Dress: Valetta, Ivory, from Junbug
Mask: Curiata, from Illusions

Pose: Dreamer, Black Tulip (mine), store group gift.

Windlight: Sorry, I don't remember it, since I took the photo at the end of 2014. However, chances are high that I used this: Tron Legacy clean
Landscaping: Studio Skye, Enchanted Woods and Enchanted Paths kits

PHOTOS 2 AND 3


Mesh body: Lara, from Maitreya
Mesh hands: Lara's hands, from Maitreya
Mesh head: Stella, from Lelutka

Skin: Stella Applier, Polar (Fantasy Line), from Glam Affair
Lipstick: Included in Stella Applier
Hair: City Princess, Russet (Reds pack), from Exile

Dress: Diletta gown, Ink, from Junbug

Tiara: Leaf headpiece, Silver, from Zenith
Head adornment: Aeranae's Embrace Adornment, from Empyrean Forge (EmpyreanForge Resident)
Arm bands: Aeranae's Embrace Vambrace Black, from Empyrean Forge (EmpyreanForge Resident)
Ruffle Collar: Embellished Ruffle Collar, Black, from Glam Affair
Necklace: Roysin necklace, black, from LaGyo
Earrings: Roysin earrings and bud earrings, black, from LaGyo

Spider: Spider face, from DRD (Death Row Designs)
Umbrella: Victorian umbrella, from DRD (Death Row Designs)

Pose: Dark Fairy #3 - Mirror, Black Tulip (mine), and the holding pose that came with the umbrella (which changes the arms position in my own pose)

Windlight: [TOR] DUSK - Siennarel
Landscaping: Studio Skye, several kits; Turnip skydome

No comments:

Post a Comment